RE: [Q] generating html from a database?

From: Tyron D'Souza <tgitid_at_dylcorp.dylex.com>
Date: 1996/04/29

Microsoft has a few "Internet Assistant" products out now. They are FREE Add-Ins available from their web site. I've tested them for Excel, Word, and Access (all Office 95 apps).

You can create a report in Access and then convert it to an HTML document.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work well, but I am trying different types of reports. But the Assistants for Excel and Word are really good. The one for Word will actually allow you to load in ANY url address (incuding pictures) and then you can edit it.

So my suggestion would be to use Excel or Access to create a report using your database table and then use Excel to create an HTML document or export the data from Excel or Access to Word and then create an HTML document. In Word you can at least edit it before you create it.

Microsoft also has an Internet Connectivity Kit which allows unlimited Internet users to connect to your SQL Server database (some restrictions apply). See their web pages for the new SQL Server 6.5 at www.microsoft.com

On Saturday, April 27, 1996, dedmunds_at_sfu.ca wrote...