Re: Oracle7 performance & tuning

From: Tim Jinkerson - Sun UK - Applications Engineer <timj_at_baa.uk.sun.com>
Date: 1996/04/29

In article i0d_at_preeda.internex.net.au, srinivas_at_connexus.apana.org.au (Srinivas Kopparapu) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to ORACLE DBA role. I have been thru' ORACLE DBA
> course. Could someone give some guidelines/tips/starting points
> for investigating and tuning oracle performance and tuning of
> any parameters in init.ora or something.
>
> Any info will be greatly appreciated.
>

> TIA
>
> Sri

I've just found http://www.menlosoftware.com, which looks interesting. It gives hints and a few sample sql statements. I don't really know who they are or what they are, so I'm not endorsing them. Besides, they could probebly find better people to endorse them than me. Oh well, such is life.

Tim Received on Mon Apr 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message