Re: Convert Access Tables to Oracle????

From: <EAgbobli_at_acumenbc.com>
Date: 1996/04/29

In article <4lucbi$alp_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, lwelty8546_at_aol.com says...

> I am an Oracle novice and I want to know what the best way to
>convert three Access .MDB files into something that will work in Oracle.
>The application has three .MDB files and are loosely related. I am
>confused about tablespaces and datafiles. Could I use three tablespaces,
>or do I need one tablespaces and three datafiles?
> Also, is there a way to make the .MDB files into Oracle format
>without having to create the tables from scratch?

You don't really need to create three tablespaces if it is only an application by your question. Just go ahead and create one tablespace. Then again if you have a oracle ODBC driver on your machine you can easily export your tables as well your data in oracle from Access. Oracle also has a tool called SQL*Loader. You also use that to import you data from Access.

All the best

Emmanuel Agbobli
DBA - Oracle and Sybase
from from access to Oracle. You can also use Received on Mon Apr 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message