Re: Oracle Support is next to useless !

From: Marianne C. Brooks <mcbrooks_at_mcnc.org>
Date: 1996/04/29

Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>Dan I. Nichols wrote:
>>
>> I can't believe that I'm the only one who experiences this...
>
>This has not been my experience. Here in the UK I have found
>Oracle Support to be extremely helpful.

I have to agree with Charles. When I have an Financials issue, I make an extra effort to get to the office before 8 to call support, in order to catch that time slot where the lines are forwarded to the UK. Without a doubt, that organization has its ducks in a row and can get me an answer before the end of *their* day.

With the US support groups, I do try to get on RTSS to log the tar first. That way, I can supply any logs, etc., myself. Then I wait an hour or two and call back on the tar. I try to call back at least once a day to get an answer. I also check through RTSS to update it there too. I leave my number, email address, business hours ( I make it a point to tell them I'm on east coast time, when I go to lunch, when I plan to leave), as well as alternate contacts when applicable.

I've had good experiences and bad but all in all I'd say the good outweighs the bad. Now, if you want to talk about *users*, I could go on and on (and I have....).

Marianne Brooks
mcbrooks_at_mcnc.org Received on Mon Apr 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message