Re: Stored Procedure tool

From: Eric Dirst <eric.dirst_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/04/28

Ken Burchill wrote:

> I am looking for a tool to assist in creating stored procedures.
> Ideally, this tool would work under Windows 3.1, and connect
> to an Oracle database on a UNIX server. Right now I am using
> Microemacs for Windows, then uploading the file to the server,
> and then executing it in SQLPlus.

Well, Oracle has a tool which now ships with it's Developer/2000 (or whatever it's called this week) toolset. The product name is Oracle Procedure Builder. It supports creating and managing stored procedures, functions and packages. It also supports triggers. It has a PL/SQL debugger. It's definitly easier to use this than SQL*Plus and text files! ;-)

The latest version fixes some bugs that prohibited it's use for large PL/SQL blocks in prior versions, so now it's a pretty good tool.

It runs on MS 3.1, Windows for WorkGroups, and we have run it under NT too. It uses standard SQL*Net to communicate with database since it's an Oracle product.

--
Eric Dirst
BSG Alliance/IT Inc.