Re: Two questions about views

From: David Di Biaggio <dibiaggio_at_iquest.net>
Date: 1996/04/27

badri wrote:

> Hi:
>
> 1) ORDER BY and views
> I am creating a view and need to have an order by statement.
> If I try it, it does not work. How do I make this to work?

You can't use the order by stmt in view creation, that will have to be left to the queries that are run against the view....

> 2) Formatting Numbers and Views
> One of thefields I am selecting is a number and I want it
> to be nicely formatted with commas. How do I do this?

You can't format your numbers within the view unless you convert them to char or varchar2 fields. Again, this has to be left to your queries that are run against the view.....

sorry for the bad news!