Connecting to Oracle7 via Visigenic's ODBC Driver

From: jkeltner <jkeltner_at_ngdc.noaa.gov>
Date: 1996/04/26

Could anyone give me some sample connect code for connecting from NT 3.51 to Oracle 7.2 on a remote unix box? I'm trying to connect from Visual Basic 4.0 using RDO and I keep getting the following error message:   Run-time error '40002':
  S1000: [Visigenic][ODBC Oracle driver]Error attempting logon I'm using SQL*Net 2.1 and I can successfully ping and use SQL*Plus to connect to the server. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't find any useful docs and Visigenic flatly turned down my request for help. I'm beginning to think they are a poor solution.

Thanks in advance - John

jkeltner_at_ngdc.noaa.gov Received on Fri Apr 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message