Re: Two questions about views

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/04/26

In <4loqru$c9s_at_gaia.cc.gatech.edu>, badri_at_cc.gatech.edu (badri) writes:
>Hi:
>
>1) ORDER BY and views
> I am creating a view and need to have an order by statement.
>If I try it, it does not work. How do I make this to work?

The create view may not have an order by statement. When you select from the view you may have the order by statement.

>2) Formatting Numbers and Views
> One of thefields I am selecting is a number and I want it
>to be nicely formatted with commas. How do I do this?

One way is to create the view with that number column converted to a varchar2 column as in create view x as select to_char(num_col,'999,999,990.00'). If you are using a front end tool to access the view, you could then use the tools format mask for the item.

>thanks a lot,
>
>-Badri

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (home)
Reading, PA Received on Fri Apr 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message