Re: exp/imp question

From: Gary Gapinski <gapinski_at_lerc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1996/04/26

Hello, Chuck:

I think you may have a problem. The privileges aren't owned by the grantee - they're owned by the grantor(s). You might try a no-rows export and peruse the export file to see if they're there, but I suspect they aren't.

You'll probably have to write a program to extract the privileges separately, and, as long as you have to do this, you may as well go the whole way and export the data, cascade drop the user, and import everything back in.

Regards,

Gary

Gary Gapinski                email: Gapinski_at_lerc.nasa.gov
NASA Lewis Research Center   voice: +1 216 433 5251