Re: SQL*Plus question: set linesize nnnnn?

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/04/26

al_dev_at_candle.com wrote:

>How do I avoid unwanted spaces after the fields as in the case below -

>File j.sql is as follows:
>set tab off;
>set linesize 1000;
>select table_name from dict where table_name='V$LOCK';
>quit;

>unixprompt> sqlplus sys/password _at_j.sql > j.out

>in j.out I find extra spaces upto line size 1000 chars. I need to use tab off to avoid tabs
>and set trimout on does not work as per User guide......

Trimout affects things printed to the screen, it does not affect spooled output.

Trimspool ( available in 7.2 and up ) affects things written to a file.

If you do not have 7.2 or above, you can:

$> sqlplus sys/password _at_j.sql | sed 's/ *$//' > j.out

to remote blanks.

>thanks
>al

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government

opinions and statements are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Apr 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message