Re: Fixed Line Sizes

From: <kengaul_at_enterprise.net>
Date: 1996/04/25

I have to do this quite often ORACLE support could offer no help. There are two solutions that I have had to work.

  1. The method you use ( Try a named pipe if you are worried about disk space )
  2. A silent SQLPLUS session with set tabs, headings etc off... eg sqlplus -s usr/pass script.sql

script.sql

set tabs of
set headings off
set page 0
set space 0 and all the other stuff to stop it outing anything except data.

I think there was a problem if your max record length was over a certain amount but I can't remember.

I have to say I stuck with sed.

Ken Gaul ---