Re: Oracle Parallel Server(OPS)

From: Johnny Chan <jchan_at_mod6>
Date: 1996/04/25

Jose (zorba4_at_iag.net) wrote:
: The Oracle Parallel Server relies on another product "Dynamic Lock
: Manager (DLM)" which is provided by each respective hardware vendor, not
: Oracle. The only project I know of that is preparing to use OPS is
: having some problems with the DLM. Specifics can be provided, if needed.

actually DLM stands for Distributed Lock Manager, and is available on several UNIX platforms. I also know of a few sites using it in mission-critical production apps, so it's vastly improved from a couple of years ago.

jc Received on Thu Apr 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message