Re: Perl 4.036 or 5.00 for Oracle?

From: Oracle FAQ <orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 1996/04/25

Rich Holoch <holoch_at_ccnet.com> writes:

>Is the current state of the art in serving Oracle on the Web
>(without buying expensive Oracle products or waiting till 7.3 is
>out), still OraPerl 2.4 and Perl 4.036. Or, does Perl 5.002 have
>the database interface for Oracle built in? I read (in the very good
>new O'Reilly CGI Programming book) that a DBI for Oracle is being
>developed.

>I haven't been able to find any details on this in comp.lang.perl.misc.
>Rich
>holoch_at_ccnet.com

The DBI interface to perl 5 is at 0.9 and an Oracle version is available. DBI spec and Oracle code from ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk or ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/perl/db.

However, for NT, oraperl 2.4/4.036/7.x is available on the FAQ archives somewhere under ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/ that was contributed by Scott Stephens of Oracle US.

I expect to receive an NT version of Oracle DBI-perl-5 soon, and will place it in the archives.

Regards,
David T. Bath
mailto:orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au
http://bf.rmit.edu.au/OracleFAQ
ftp://bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle

orafaq_at_bf.rmit.edu.au                 (private mail to dtb_at_bf.rmit.edu.au)
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/OracleFAQ   ftp://ftp.bf.rmit.edu.au/pub/Oracle/
http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/Oracle      http://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~orafaq
-- NOT TO BE ARCHIVED IN ANY MANNER ON MICROSOFT NETWORK --