Re: Multithreaded Server

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: 1996/04/25

Alberto, You are in single threaded mode with a listoner that will create a dedicated server process for your client to talk to the database through. When in multi-threaded mode ( turning on the MT... params in the init.ora file ) There will be several server and dispatcher processes that will control multiple clients. The book "Mastering ORACLE7 & Client/Server computing" by Steven M. Bobrowski has a good chapter that explains this very well

HTH
Jim Gregory
==========Alberto Lozano, 4/20/96==========

Help Please:

All the Mutithreaded parameters are commented out in the INIT.ORA parameter File.
(No dispatcher and server processes ??)

Ther is no entry in the SQLNET.ORA file (USE_DEDICATED_SERVER=ON) to select a dedicated server.

However there is an active listener running. I connect from a PC
(client) to a wrkstation (Server).

So my question is what type of mode I am running in ???

Comments will be appreciated.

Opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect those of my company or clients. Received on Thu Apr 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message