Re: Initiating Oracle stored procedures through ODBC

From: Bill Glass <glassb_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/04/25

In article <4lk4eu$3jl_at_news.pathcom.com>, shapiro_at_pathcom.com (Sol Shapiro) says:
>mudhens_at_cyberramp.net (richard castorena) wrote:
>>I am currently using MS Access 2.0 to access a Oracle 7.1 database
>>using ODBC. I would like to be able to initiate an Oracle stored
>>procedure from Access. The only thing I can think of is to use a SQL

>I am working with SQL Server 6.0 processing about 30 sp's for
>reporting purposes and I have found that the SQL for pass through
>qyery should be as follows: "exec [sp_name] 'param1', 'param2', ......
>'paramN'

>I am sying all this with the belief that since Oracle as well as SQL
>Server use ODBC drivers the procedure should be very similar.

I know the syntax PackageName.ProcName works, not sure whether it needs to be in a package though...

Make sure you put a BEGIN and END around the EXECUTE for Oracle 7 to process the query. (this could be driver specific; it works for Oracle Corp's drivers...)

Begin
Exec PackageName.MyProc ('X','Y',1);
End;

Bill. Received on Thu Apr 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message