SQL*Loader has fixed ideas about numeric data

From: <reddwarf_at_>
Date: 1996/04/24

I have trouble loading numeric data that doesn't fit SQL*Loader's definition of a number. For instance all INTEGERs have a maximum size of 4, meaning 4 digits wide. FLOATS likewise have a limit of 8 digits, and there is apparently no way to override this!

I have tried applying datatypes such as FLOAT EXTERNAL and SQL operators to deal with a 16 digit number -- but I get ORA-1008 ("not all variables bound")

Any suggestions?
Steve Received on Wed Apr 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message