Documentation hunt - UPDATE_SET_NULL, where the hell is this example?

From: Dwayne King <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>
Date: 1996/04/24

Hi there,

While recently browsing our 7.2 manuals looking for something, I was reading the example Oracle includes for enforcing RI with triggers. It mentions being able to use:

    " UPDATE and DELETE_SET_NULL (when referenced data is updated or deleted       all associated dependent data is set to NULL)"

There is also a UPDATE and DELETE SET DEFAULT mentioned that sets dependant keys to some default value. These appear to be triggers that are given _somewhere_ in the manuals. However, I have searched every manual in Oracle Book, and as a last resort using a text search. I simply cannot find this damn example!

If anyone has any idea where this is, I would greatly appreciate a pointer. This trigger would be very useful to me right now, for a data conversion program I am working on.

Thanks guys.

---

  • Dwayne K. King * email: dwayne_at_dwayne.freenet.kiev.ua *
  • International Monetary Fund * phone: (011-380-44) 212-54-81 *