Re: DBA - stuff

From: Norm LeBlanc <chicnorm_at_inforamp.net>
Date: 1996/04/24

Niels Duelund (duelund_at_inet.uni-c.dk) wrote:
: Hi out there
:
: I am managing some databases 10GB+ and this weekend I encountered
: some problems AND ANSWERS when reorganizing.
:
: 1) Avoiding pending rollback
: The import failed (lack of rollback) and the database started to
: rollback the whole lot. I did not want to wait the 9 hours it would
: take, and fortunately i got a hint.
:
: In init.ora the line:
:
: _corrupted_rollback_segments (rbs_01, rbs_02, ...)
:
: did the job. I was able to shutdown (abort) and startup
: without rolling back.
:
: 2) Disabling rollback !
: The parameter
: _disable_logging = TRUE
: results in NO ROLLBACK written at all. It improved performace
: a lot (same amount af time as export) and
: my rollback segments were not used at all.
:
: Be careful, since theese are UNSUPPORTED features. Also the safety
: you are used to have IS NOT THERE when specifying these parameters.
:
:
: If you know other unsupported parameters please inform me, since
: I often (as a consultant) need stuff to "save me on a late night".
:
:
: Niels Duelund (Duelund Data, Denmark)

You could also use the COMMIT=Y option in the import parameters. Received on Wed Apr 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message