Re: HELP!!!!PLEASE! Problem w/memory allocation.

From: David Bermeister <bermeister_at_dtf.sa.gov.au>
Date: 1996/04/24

Patricia McCreary wrote:

> I'm simply trying to create a table in Oracle/SQLPlus but I get this
> message.
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01659: unable to allocate MINEXTENTS beyond 1 in tablespace PROJECT
>
> Two days ago I didn't have this problem. The DBA backed the system and
> went on vacation.
>
> Can I change the storage allocations for the tablespace?? What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -PattiTo view your current default tablespace settings try
select * from dba_tablespaces where
tablespace_name='PROJECT'.

To modify try:

Alter tablespace project
default storage (INITIAL bytes NEXT bytes

                 MINEXTENTS int MAXEXTENTS int
                 PCTINCREASE pct);

You will need to use a DBA password. Received on Wed Apr 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message