Re: Designer/2000 Installation Problems

From: Marikle <marikle_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/04/23

You can install Designer/2000 with PO7. Unfortunatly, Oracle doesn't support this configuration. The CD may say PO7 but that's only administrative tools.

I haven't tried installing Designer/2000 and PO7 on my current system (Pentium 133 with 16 mg memory) but I did sucessfully install them on my formar system (company issued p100 with 32 mg memory). Here's some things that may be the problem:

   o SGA is too small. *** Probably the culprit ***

        This shared pool should be set as high as possible. Mine was between 16

        and 18 mg.

   o System tablespace is too small.

        The installation guide may say one thing but you'll need over 65 mg for the

        system tablespace alone.

        If you're running PO7 for Windows95 you can probably alter you system

        tablespace to grow dynamically when needed (version 7.2 feature).

   o SQL*Plus is wrong version.

       That's right. Designer/2000 will only install (period) if SQL*Plus is a certain

       version (not even certain "newer" versions will work). Just re-install the one

       packaged with the product.

When you go and install the repository objects, you'll need to grant execute on
certain packages (installation guide spell it out) sys.dbms_lock, etc.

Also bear in mind that you will probably have frequent GPFs with this configuration.

Good luck...

Thom Marikle

OAO Corporation			phone:	719.567.8387
				email:	tmarikle_at_ntf1.af.mil
					marikle_at_aol.com

"Since it's called tourist season, why can't we shoot them?" Received on Tue Apr 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message