Re: Running host apps using forms 4.5

From: swhalen <swhalen_at_a-bcomputers.com>
Date: 1996/04/23

cscwa01 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody heard of a product called RunHost for Oracle Forms 4.5 for
> Windows from a company called Useful Technology???
>
> We are developing an application in Forms 4.5, and need to run some shell
> scripts on the UNIX host. Any ideas/experiences on how to go about this
> would be appreciated.
>
> Replies to email address are preferred.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason.
> cscwa01.sage.wt.com.auHi. We're doing something similar to what you're doing, however, we
havent used the product you mentioned. (Didnt know it existed) What we had to do to make calls to unix host from forms45 on pc clients was: From forms trigger, host call to dos, to run rsh (the remote shell utility provided by our tcp/ip software (onnet - formerly pc/tcp)). It looks something like:
trigger in forms: host(c:\unixcall.bat parameter1, parameter2...) pc script unixcall: rsh hostname(unixbox) %1 %2... We are passing login info and unix command info, ie script names etc, as parameters...
It's pretty rudimentary, but it works. Oracle also advised us that we could use their DBMSPipe utility to do this. We looked at it briefly, and then went with this simpler but less elegant option. Received on Tue Apr 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message