Re: Designer/2000 Learning curve approach?

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/04/23

Rune Haugsoen <runeh_at_concentric.com> wrote:
>I have just installed the Designer/2000 and started the learning process.
>Where do I go from here? I would appreciate input on books, articles,
>CBT, interest groups, newsletters, approaches and classes that might help
>me get up to speed quickly.Also, my new release is 1.2. I just read that
>there are two new releases comming out -- 1.3 and 2.0. Can anyone
>clearify for me why two new releases are comming out at the same time?
>Thanks

Two releases are not coming out at the same time. R1.3 is due in a couple of months and supports Developer/2000 R1.3 and will be a 32 build for NT and Win 95, as well as a 16 bit build for Win 31. (as well as support for VB4, the WebServer Generator - already available production with R1.2 - a C++ Object Layer generator, Oracle Graphics generation and MS-Help generation).

R2.0 is the next major release which will support Developer/2000 R2.0 as well as introducing many new Design and Generation features (eg UI updates, 100% generation, module components, extended Server generation, Power Objects generation etc) Received on Tue Apr 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message