Designer 2000 questions.

From: Amit Bansal <amit_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/04/22

Hi !

we are using Designer 2000 release 1.2 and have the following questions -

  1. Is there a way to get the list of the known bugs in the Designer 2000 products. Like we found one after spending a lot of time and hit and trial that Database Design Wizard cannot handle more than 100 entities. When ta lked to Oracle Support, they informed this is a known bug and a patch is available. If we know the list of known bugs , when something is not working fine , we would atleast know upto some extent that this is a known bug and not spend time on that.
  2. How do we change the setting of the repository reports from Landscape to Portrait mode ?? The manual says select File->Printer Setup and change setting. We have tried that and did not work. I am trying to get the Table Defintion report from the System Design group. If we select Mode as Bitmap the report is produced in Portrait mode and getting printed in Landscape. We could not find a way to print the report in Portrait mode , despite of changing the setting of the printer using File-> printer setup.
  3. The relationship report in the data model group gives only one page , irrespective of the parameter supplied. Has anyone tried this report ?
  4. When we use the Data Schema tool , and create a view, under the Base Columns , a text button allows you to enter the where cluse to be used in the view. When you say apply and done and come back the line you type there is just GONE. The DDL generator simply ignores the where clause entered. I could not find a way to specify the where clause for a view which DDL generator can pick up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Amit Bansal Received on Mon Apr 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message