Re: Help on Oracle PowerObjects Deployment on Mac

From: Tulio Marin <newpres_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/04/22

chyew_at_seccome.pl.my (Choong Chong Yew) wrote:

>Hi!

>I need to deploy an inventory software written on Oracle PowerObjects on a
>network of Mac machines (say about 4-6 of them). Should I use the Personal
>Oracle 7 as the server or should I opt for something else? Should the server
>Mac be a dedicated server or can it be used as a workstation as well?

>Please help as this is quite urgent. Thanks!

You can't use Personal Oracle 7. It is a PERSONAL and can't share data. You must use a Intel Base Plataform with Oracle Workgroup Server and SQL*net to connect (TCP/IP) Mac machines with the Server.

Tulio Marin
tmarin_at_ibm.net Received on Mon Apr 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message