Re: Moving tables from Access to Oracle

From: <dbvision_at_inet.uni-c.dk>
Date: 1996/04/22

> frozzboz_at_zork.demon.co.uk writes:
> Steve Kay <steve_at_starbug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >Anybody have any advice on the process of moving Access tables over
> >to Oracle tables?
> >
> >We've got a load of tables which need moving over, but Microsoft tell
> >us that once a table has been created in Access, its SQL definition
> >is lost and therefore has to be recreated manually in Oracle.
> >
> >Any ideas or solutions for this bummer of a job?
>
> Not so, why just the other day I loaded a load of tables into Access
> from SQL Server, then exported them to Oracle, including data.
>
> After lunch I reverse engineed them into Designer 2000 for subsequant
> re-design. Note that the primary/foreign keys will not be transferred,
> but they should be easy to re construct.
>
> You have to be aware that the datatypes may require adjusting in
> Access to work in Oracle, and to rename the table to get them into
> UPPERCASE.
>

> >Thanks,

 Thats O
> >Steve Kay.
> >d- s+ a- US++ p-- w x++ b++ DI++++ G e* h--

You can also use ERwin from Logic Works to re-engineer your Access database and move it to Oracle.

BTW Oracle Design and migration Center use ERwin to do jobs like that.

You can get more info on http://www.logicworks.com

Tore Johannesen Received on Mon Apr 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message