Re: ORA-9241 on connect from MS Access via ODBC

From: Janos Geller <jgeller_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/04/22

badri (badri_at_cc.gatech.edu) wrote:
: Hi:

: I am using MS Access 2.0 to connect to ORACLE using MS ODBC
: I get an ORA-9241 (no error message text found). I called ORACLE and
: they sent me a lot of information on adding SET_CONFIG_FILES parameter
: and ORA_CONFIG. I tried just about everything and the error persists. It
: occurs only when I try to attach to an ORACLE table. The entire error
: message reads, "Oracle Driver not capable, Call SqlSetConnectOption failed"
: and 3 other lines which repeat something like "Page #0"

The problem originates in your fax machine :) It's not SET_CONFIG_FILES, it's SET CONFIG_FILES. Basically, make sure the 'CONFIG_FILES' points to an Oracle configuration file that has the right ORACLE_HOME variable in it. Also make sure that there is no extra CONFIG.ORA file in the path or root and the 'CONFIG' variable is not defined.

  • Janos