Re: SCO ORACLE and Linux

From: Custom Web Services <kreding_at_access2.digex.net>
Date: 1996/04/22

Some people have said they got it to work. I am trying to do it now and I am having some problems. You will need the sco binaries for installation. These are files like idar, idas, nm, and idld. You also need idcomp and idcpp. Some other modifications have to be done also.

Let me know if you are interested and I will mail you the instructions I have.

Keith

Andrea L. Morris (a-morris_at_uchicago.edu) wrote:
: Linux has support for SCO Unix, but the installation scripts on Oracle's
: 90 day trial CD-ROM tries to adjust kernel parameters and expects files
: that would exist if I really had SCO. Has anyone installed SCO Oracle
: on a linux machine? How difficult is the task and is it worth the
: effort; does Oracle function properly once it is installed? Does the
: demo disk contain only sqlplus or are other oracle tools included?
:
: Thank you,
:
: Andrea L. Morris