Re: SQL*Loader question

From: Balakrishna Avula <100610.52_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/04/22

srijay_at_ix.netcom.com(Srikanth Narasimhan) wrote:

>What options will I use in SQL*Loader to insert a set of records into a
>table if those records are not already present and update the records
>on the table if the records are already present in the table?

>Any info will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

>Srikanth

You can have append, insert or replace options on SQL* Loader. But none of the options can update existing rows with new information. To updated existing rows have data loaded into temporary table and use a SQL/pl-sql script to update the destination table from temporary table.

--
Balakrishna Avula						28 Ashby Court
Alpha-Tek Associates Ltd.					Hemel Hempstead