Re: Legacy Migration

From: Martyn D. Hodgson <Martyn_D._Hodgson_at_unn.unisys.com>
Date: 1996/04/21

There are products available that will allow communications to CICS and other legacy systems, such as Unisys Mapper, UNIFACE, .... You could also use an ODBC interface to CICS.

Martyn

The opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Unisys Corporation

Help!!!!!!

Does anyone have a solution?

We have mainframe applications currently written in CICS/COBOL pointing to VSAM files. We would like a way to migrate the VSAM data to an oracle database but still have the legacy applications stay on the mainframe for now until we can develop new applications using powerbuilder. Is there a way the CICS/COBOL programs can talk to the new oracle database that resides on a HP/UX server?

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Need a solution A.S.A.P.

Thank you.

  • * * * End Original Message * * * *