Re: VB connection to Oracle

From: Sylvain Faust <sfaust_at_sfi-software.com>
Date: 1996/04/20

John (jif) Graham wrote:

> What drivers would I need to connect a Visual Basic application to a
> remote Oracle 7 database?
>
> The VB application would be running on a PC LAN using either Novell or
> TCP/IP (or another) and the Oracle DB would be running on UNIX using
> TCP/IP.
>
> If there is an intermediate NT Server box between the two is there some
> sort of SQL proxy server that could be used to route the PC SQL requests
> to UNIX and back?? (I get a bit confused at this point)
>
> Any help on drivers, suppliers, config etc gratefully received.

Sample, no need of ODBC, simply use Oracle API itself: Oracle Call Interface OCX

Simply need SQL*NET! For details on OCX/OCI (Oracle Call Interface) check http://www.sfi-software.com about SQL-Sombrero/OCX for Oracle. Comes with VB4 ready sample. Download it from that same web site for your own testing. Documentation on interactive from http://www.sfi-software.com

See what an Oracle VP has to say about this: http://www.sfi-software.com/doc/pressrelease/jan2996oracle.htm

You're in full control, nothing can be faster since you are doing OCI calls via the OCX.

For details, call SFI at 819 778-5045 ext:152, fax 819 778-7943

Sylvain
Sylvain Faust Inc. (SFI) Creator of SQL-Programmer(tm) Oracle Business Alliance
http://www.sfi-software.com Received on Sat Apr 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message