Re: ASCII data import

From: R.A. van Geleuken <roald_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1996/04/20

Teresa Narvaez wrote:

> Hi, I have a question on how to import an ASCII comma delimited file into
> oracle. What tool should I use to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> -Teresa

You could use SQL*Loader, but if the amount of data is not too large and you have some experience with vi, why not simply make an SQL-script with insert-statements. This works fine for me.

Roald.

| R.A. van Geleuken                     roald_at_xs4all.nl |
| There's no such thing as impossibility, only          |
| extremely low chance                                  |