Import - diffs b/w v7.0.16 & v7.2.2, show=Y parameter

From: Bryan Arias <bryana_at_radian.com>
Date: 1996/04/19

Fellow ORACLErs:

First, let me say that I have checked the ORACLE FAQ web pages, including the JCC archives of this newsgroup for any mention of a similar problem; and am posting this message as a last resort. ORACLE support was unable to help me with this one too.

We recently upgraded from v7.0.16 to v7.2.2, and now I've noticed a problem (?) with the Exp/Imp utilities.

In v7.0.16, when I specified the following in the parfile:

SHOW=Y
INDEXFILE=outfile

the CREATE TABLE statements in the outfile would contain all the table constraints, e.g. Primary Keys, etc. Then, I could edit the outfile, modifying the STORAGE parameters for both the TABLEs and the PRIMARY KEY INDEXES. This was important since we have very large tables that continually grow.

But, in v7.2.2, the CREATE TABLE statements do NOT contain any table constraints, because the PRIMARY KEYS are "defined" in the export file as ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT statements; and these ALTER TABLE statements are NOT included in the outfile when the SHOW=Y parameter is used.

Ergo, I am unable to edit the STORAGE parameters for the PK INDEXES! And it is a big pain to write SQL scripts to drop & rebuild these indexes (have to do this very often).

Has anybody else noticed this, and/or does anybody know a way around it, if it's been classified as a bug by ORACLE, if the next release (v7.2.3) corrects the problem, or any other info that might be helpful.

Thanx mucho in advance,
BCA
.

|   Rush May Be RIGHT,   | X-Phile        | Bryan C. Arias,     DB Analyst |
| But the Black Avenger  |  Ditto Head    | Radian Corporation, Austin, TX |
|     is RIGHT ON!       |   Hamblin Fan  | bryana_at_radian.com      SWT '91 |