Re: Killing V2 connections from client

From: Dave Mausner <d-mausner_at_nwu.edu>
Date: 1996/04/19

In article <4l3upg$i9s_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

   sghosh007_at_aol.com (SGhosh007) wrote:
>1. In sqldba i see processes locking tables however i have killed these
>processes. these are connections using V2 and MTS so there is no unix
>process to kill (like we could in V1 by finding the T: in ps -aef ) . Is
>there any solution to this.

it would be better to "alter system kill session 'sid#,serial#';" from a privileged username in sqlplus or sqldba. that way the ghost process that actually makes the oracle connection is killed off. you might be able to create a package with "alter system" privs and grant users execute privs on the package. you may be able to use the dbms_sql package within your "kill" package in order to execute the ddl.

--
Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.