Re: Export/Import

From: <vermaat_at_gemini.tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1996/04/19

In article <3172F97F.4E31_at_hal-pc.org>, "Carlos A. Gonzalez" <cagosg_at_hal-pc.org> writes:
>Help Please:
>
>I am moving a database from one machine to another via Export/Import.
>
>Did a Full database export as System/manager. No problem here.
>
>Created a similar database on the other host. No problem here
>
>When importing as System/manager I get several error messages
>
>Such as:
>
>ORA-00942 table or view does not exist. This is clear
>
>ORA-01720 grant option does not exist for 'XXXX'. This is clear
>
>but I also get this error:
>
>ORA-4063 view "XXXXX" has errors. Not clear, Checked the original
> views and I could select all the rows.
>
>What is that I am overlooking ???

Nothing. It may turn out that at least one of the tables the view is referring to, is not imported yet when the view is imported. When you perform a second import - but without table data this time and with IGNORE=Y - you will probably get no errors at all.

| Peter J.R. Vermaat | Dutch Department of Agriculture | Wageningen |

| p.j.r.vermaat_at_tfdl.agro.nl | http://gemini.tfdl.agro.nl:1024/~vermaat/ |
|                           Flagellant in Dreamland                            |