Re: Developer 2000 - Post Query ?

From: Yoram zilberberg <elric_dm_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: 1996/04/18

In Article<3174EF9C.43C9_at_cpcuiia.org>, <mills_at_cpcuiia.org> write:
> From: Ken Mills <mills_at_cpcuiia.org>
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: Developer 2000 - Post Query ?
> Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 09:18:20 -0400
>
> I have a master detail relationship and want to perform a
> calculation after "all" the detail records have been queried not
> after "each" detail record has been queried (not post-query on
> detail). Can I do it?
> --
> Ken Mills
> West Chester, PA.
> mills_at_cpcuiia.org

  1. what you ask for is NOT an easy task !!
  2. to handle the post-post query you can put your triggers in the key-entsqy and key-execqry don't forget to place the call to the real function, that is your new key-entqry will be

   begin

     enter_query ;
     <your action here> ;

   end ;

3) to work on the set of records fetched for ONE master record

   (which is what I think you realy want) where your code in the    post-query of the MASTER block, right after the populate_details

good luck and be very very cureful !

Yoram Z. Received on Thu Apr 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message