Re: help on ora-3113 !!

From: Lord Raiden <joseph.sumalbag_at_gandalf.ca>
Date: 1996/04/18

Terry G. Phelps wrote:

> txu_at_softart.com writes:
>
> >We have a customer who is desperate due to a ora-3113 problems.
> >Their client is on OS2. After running the applications for a while,
> >this ORA-3113 appears. We have tried to reduce the buffer size to
> >fetch data etc, but they still experience the problem.
>
> I'm running 7.1.6 on AIX, with clients running SQLNET 1 under Windows. After
> a long time of no problems, we started getting 3113 errors today. They are
> happening to both processes that run on the server, AND to client PCs.
> The message says "end of file on communications channel", whatever that
> means. On the client, I could imagine that this means the connection has
> gone down for some reason, but why would this happen to server jobs? What
> communications channel is it talking about, when a server process gets this
> error.
>
> If anyone knows an answer to this, PLEASE let us know. I find Oracle tech
> support to be hopeless.
>
> Terry

Terry,

   Hi,

    I have encountered the same problem before 2 years ago on Oracle 7.0.14 running on an SCO Unix .

    The areas that you have to look into are

  1. See that the oracle datafiles and other file's attributes are correctly set , someone may have executed a chmod or chown accidentally .
  2. Check if the env varibles are correctly set for the user
  3. Check for SQLNet problems .

    I hope this helps !

 Joseph D. Sumalbag
 Filipino DBA in Canada

--
Lord Raiden
Thunder Deity

It is not the weapon that makes a warrior ........
But it is the spirit by which he wields it ........
Your spirit is your true shield ...................

                                           O-Sensei