Re: HELP!!!!PLEASE! Problem w/memory allocation.

From: Lord Raiden <joseph.sumalbag_at_gandalf.ca>
Date: 1996/04/18

Patricia McCreary wrote:

> I'm simply trying to create a table in Oracle/SQLPlus but I get this
> message.
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01659: unable to allocate MINEXTENTS beyond 1 in tablespace PROJECT
>
> Two days ago I didn't have this problem. The DBA backed the system and
> went on vacation.
>
> Can I change the storage allocations for the tablespace?? What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -PattiPatti,

   Bonjour,
   If you have a DBA right or an "alter tablespace" right you can modify the default minextent for the table or you can specify it during the time you are creating the table ( storage parameters) or it may be much better if you create your table and specify another existing tablespace. Try it it may work !

I hope this helps.

Joseph D. Sumalbag
Filipino DBA

--
Lord Raiden
Thunder Deity

It is not the weapon that makes a warrior ........
But it is the spirit by which he wields it ........
Your spirit is your true shield ...................

                                           O-Sensei