Re: ASCII data import

From: Harri Kaukovuo <hkaukovu_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/04/18

Andy Tael <andy.tael_at_enator.se> wrote:

>Teresa Narvaez wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I have a question on how to import an ASCII comma delimited file into
>> oracle. What tool should I use to accomplish this?
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> -Teresa

>You can use a tool called imp (I know it exists in Unix environment and
>in NT environment). It is easy to use.

>Regards,
>Andy

No. You can not use imp for ASCII/text files. Imp is Oracle tool to import Oracle format export files that only exp produces.

SQL*Loader is the tools you want to use.

  • Harri hkaukovu_at_us.oracle.com ** The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and ** do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.