Re: HELP!! oracle ODBC can not connect to server ..

From: Bob Beauchemin <bobb_at_udp.com>
Date: 1996/04/17

This is a common error message. You must have SQL/Net installed on the client in order to use ODBC. The "bin" directory where SQL/Net is installed must be in your system path on Windows/Win95/WinNT. It sounds like you have SQL/Net installed, but the ORACLE_HOME/orawin/bin directory (ORACLE_HOME/orant/bin on NT) is not in your path. On the Windows 3.1 install it asks if you want to update your path (this is in autoexec.bat) on NT this is done through Control Panel/System.

        In any case "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected" means that the ODBC driver cannot "find" SQL/Net.

        Hope this helps...

Bob Beauchemin
bobb_at_udp.com