Re: In MS access: How to alter data in attached Oracle table ??

From: J,M.Whitehead <j.m.whitehead_at_shef.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/04/17

In article <316D1EE7.4253_at_cho.ge.com>, chris.little_at_cho.ge.com says...

>I can't delete rows of data in the
>table, however. The oracle owner can do all this in sqlplus, but
>not in Access. Is there a setting in Access I need to adjust.

To do any alteration of attached tables via Access and ODBC you must make sure that each of the attached tables has a unique index on it. This is documented somewhere either in access help or odbc help.

HTH. Jon.

--
Jonathan M. Whitehead           | j.m.whitehead_at_sheffield.ac.uk
Dept. Of Corporate Information  |