Re: Developer 2000 weak points??

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/04/17

In article <317442BA.7604_at_prolog.net>, Jerry Gillard <DoubleEx_at_prolog.net> says:

>Hi,
>
>We're considering Developer 2000 for our development tool working with Oracle Databases. Some of my associates
>are not overly excited about Oracle tools because of their weak track record in this area. However, I think
>Oracle may have a good product here but am not hearing much about it.
>
>From those of you who use it, is it reasonably fast and usable when deployed (not developed) on 8mb pcs? Are
>there any downsides you could throw at me since Oracle has shown me the shiny side?
>
>TIA
>
>Jerry

We are using Forms 4.5 (not reports nor graphics - they werent flexible enough) and have developed a reasonably usable system. Our minimum config is 16 meg, but we prefer 24.
We recommend that new projects NOT use forms, as it simply too low in productivity.
Users seem to be very happy with the end product - but we have had to put our heart's blood into getting the details working sensibly, by coding around the 'features' Forms offers.

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Wed Apr 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message