Re: SQL and C functions

From: Scott Mason <mason_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1996/04/17

James L. Gehring <jgehring_at_officemax.com> wrote:
: On an HP platform with the latest release of Oracle can I
: compile into the SQL my own c functions so that they can
: be called within the SQL language? If so, How?

: Thanks in advance!

: Jim G.

: jgehring_at_officemax.com

Hi Jim,
I do not think there is any (straight forward) way to put C functions in your SQL or PL/SQL routines. You can, however, do the reverse, call SQL statements or PL/SQL routines from C. There is an Oracle ProC precompiler which is used before the C compiler to do this. There are four different levels of complexity, depending on what you need. Hope this helps.
Scott Mason.

mason_at_primenet.com                       /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /