Re: DB replication thru redo logs

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1996/04/17

mainline_at_cloud9.net (Jeff Gironda) wrote:

>Does anyone know if its possible to perform periodic replication of an
>Oracle DB by "recovering" archived redo logs of DB #1 against DB #2 ?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Jeff G

I wouldn't try it. Mixing any of the database files from different instances is inviting disaster. Why not just use the more conventional replication options?

Even if you could do what you're asking, you'd only be able to "replicate" with the database down. The conventional methods let you do it with the database up.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!