Re: concurrent sqlload

From: Richard A. Woods <rawoods_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/04/17

In <3172534f.4792920_at_news2.ios.com> chuckh_at_dvol.com (Chuck Hamilton) writes:

>I have a data warehouse that I update once a month by reloading all
>the tables with sqlload. There's approximately 80 tables in the DW
>ranging in size from a few rows to millions of rows. Currently we load
>the tables one at a time with a unix shell script. I'm thinking about
>command, and a wait command at the very end. Do you think this will
>decrease the total load time? Will it overwhelm the database? If it's
>too many tables to load at once, what would you suggest as a smaller
>number?
>
>TIA
>--
>Chuck Hamilton
>chuckh_at_dvol.com
>
>Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!

I would recommend you consider using SQL*Loader's Direct Path Load capability that first appears in 7.1, I believe. Check out your Utilities doc. I also think multiple SQL*Loader 'jobs' can be run in parallel in 7.1 and later too.

Rich Received on Wed Apr 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message