Re: *** GRUPPE WASSER - GIS/DATENBANK-CONSULTING ***

From: Dale <dale_at_fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 1996/04/17

[snip]

>>fyi,
>>it's the english speaking news group for technical ORACLE
>>professionals and not the right place for advertising in german
>>language.
>>
>>jacek>
>
>Two comments on the above posting:
>
>1) I like to see job postings in this newsgroup. It lets me know how
 I am
>doing compared with the rest of the industry.
>
>2) Where did you get the impression that this group is for English
 only? I
>don't know where you are from, but it is very narrow minded of you to
 assume
>that everyone should use English. This is a world wide network and
 the US
>doesn't own it.
>
>Ted Walter
>NCR
>ted.walter_at_daytonoh.ncr.com

Ted,

I agree with you that the US doesn't own this newsgroup and that there are many many many languages that could be used on this newsgroup.

However, I totally disagree with you on job postings - they should be placed in alt.jobs, etc - That way those of us looking for technical information do not need to screen all the clutter. If I want to know how I am doing, I can check any of many job postings.

Babette Dale Underwood (dale_at_fox.nstn.ca) Received on Wed Apr 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message