Re: Oracle/ODBC and TP monitor

From: Hugo Toledo, Jr. <hugo_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1996/04/17

Gary,

Thanks for the clarification. I had, unfortunately been so focused on the server side of the communication link that, on rereading my original post, I see it looks like I was saying you could only talk to Oracle with Oracle software on both ends. Of course, I meant the only way into the Oracle server was through an Oracle API-based process. How you get to the API-based process is another story. And, as you lucidly explained, how these other processes communicate among themselves, another again.

My apologies for the confusion.

--
Hugo Toledo, Jr.   Author of "Oracle Networking" from Oracle Press
312.951.8012               Oracle WebSystem - Oracle Mobile Agents