Re: concurrent sqlload

From: Uday Bikkasani <bikkasan_at_ag-data.com>
Date: 1996/04/16

Chuck Hamilton wrote:

> I have a data warehouse that I update once a month by reloading all
> the tables with sqlload. There's approximately 80 tables in the DW
> ranging in size from a few rows to millions of rows. Currently we load
> the tables one at a time with a unix shell script. I'm thinking about
> command, and a wait command at the very end. Do you think this will
> decrease the total load time? Will it overwhelm the database? If it's
> too many tables to load at once, what would you suggest as a smaller
> number?
>
> TIA
> --
> Chuck Hamilton
> chuckh_at_dvol.com
>
> Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!

I maintain a data warehouse and update my data every month in the same way. I have approximately 10 tables which run at an average of 7 million rows, so i always run 2 SQLLoads under NT, one loading the rest of the smaller tables and the other loading the large tables. I never found any problem in doing that.

uday