Re: Tunning & DBA SQLs

From: David Scott <dscott_at_is.net>
Date: 1996/04/16

In article <316C8EC7.1C7A_at_primenet.com>, Klaus Schnurr <kschnurr_at_primenet.com> wrote:

> We are using Oracle Server 7.1 (running under Solaris 2.4) in a
> semiconductor manufacturing environment. Users are mainly using the
> database for data analysis purposes which requires intensive data
> queries.

<snip>

Something else you may want to consider is using a data warehouse to offload the query traffic from the realtime data-gathering traffic. Though this does not answer your questions directly, it may provide the level of control and optimization that will satisfy your users. Best wishes with your challenge!

David Scott                        ...how can I keep from singing?
                bumper snicker: My other guitar is a Martin (D16H)
email: dscott_at_is.net