Re: ~{WG>F

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_news.hk.super.net>
Date: 1996/04/15

Shaochun Lin (lovedog_at_gwis2.circ.gwu.edu) wrote:
: Do we have the way make a PL/SQL statement being dynamic, I mean I want
: to put a variable to a PL/SQL statement FROM clause, I want to change
: the table name dynamiclly for a set of query. I know DBMS_SQL, it's a bit
: complicated and I have not tested it whether it works. Do we have a
: simply way such as using regular CURSOR doing that or some guidence to
: use DBMS_SQL package to handle it. Would be apprecated for any helps. SH.

SH,

Unfortunately, the only way I know of changing the table name in a PL/SQL cursor is by using DBMS_SQL. Would like to here to the contrary.

Rgds
Andrew

--
Andrew Babb