Re: single-item pop-up form

From: Chris Fischer <cfischer_at_nando.net>
Date: 1996/04/15

You could create an "OK" button that is navigable, and has a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger that checks for a valid value in your MODE field. If it does, do an EXIT_FORM or whatever.

dpepa_at_aol.com (DPepa) wrote:

>I have a "mode" form that I want to be called from several forms in order
>to force the forms to operate in a particular mode (Add-only, Delete-only,
>Edit-only, Query-only). This mode form has one block and one single
>character item. I'd like to have the user type in the letter of the mode
>they want (A,D,E,Q) and without having to press a next-item key, exit the
>mode form and return control to the regular form. I haven't been able to
>do this using auto skip because the next navigational item doesn't exist
>(except the same item). Has anyone done this before, or do I have to
>program exit_form in the key-next-item trigger and force the user to press
>2 keys instead of 1?

| Chris Fischer                           cfischer_at_nando.net |
| Sr. Systems Analyst                    Work: (919)676-0062 |
| Toys "R" Us                                                |